Monday, March 28, 2011

Wild Horse



     I'm a wild horse, He held out an apple to me and I took it, I did more than take it. I followed him home. He became my "owner". He pampered me, loved me, washed me, fed me. Caring for my coat, soft bristles of love stroke me so gently. Yet I suspect of him trying to capture another wild horse and tame her. He has gotten supplies to build a new fence... but... how do I know it's not just for a dog house? Well.. I don't. but I still don't like the fact that he seems to have gotten these supplies slyly without me noticing much.
     I'm in a fence. Safe. Surrounded by this beautiful white picket fence pen. Safe. I'm loved and pampered and cared for, yet scared and restless. I want to run free, but i'm pinned in. I'm stuck. I run in circles getting no where, running from something but to nothing. One question dominates my thoughts. Can I make the jump? The jump to freedom. The jump into the unknown but once familiar land. I long to jump that fence. I want that freedom. I want to run wild like I once was. Time in this fence is great but sometimes the fat that i'm trapped in here bothers me. I want to jump. I want to. My elders recommend I wait and see how the other side dances. The Circlet Tango. I will ask the Other Side to dance. I hope the owner doesn't get hurt. ...
 Dear Lord,
   Please help this horse jump the fence and forget about the ropes, fences and love in a safe haven or, stay and forget the freedom she once had....Dear Lord. Amen

     The horse has made the jump. She couldn't wait and the Other Side's dance.. to far away. She can't wait to see what the other side has in store, she didn't even want to wait to watch and learn about Other Side. She wanted to run. So she jumped. She continues to look back onto her owner who had said to her "Please do go. I don't want you feeling trapped. I really don't want you to go. This hurts so much." She leaves. Looking back not receiving a kiss nor look. *hurt* He lets her walk away, he longs to run to her and hold her, kiss her, beg her not to go, but he feels it best to.. "let something go if you truly love it, and if it is yours it will come back."... she wishes he would give her a hug, hold her tight, and tell her how much he loves her. How bad he wishes she would stay, yet he doesn't even watch her go.
     Friends? I think not. She longs to be in his life forever, but for him things can never go back to what they once were. Tears in her eyes, happy or sad? She has hurt him and loves him so it hurts her, but she does have that long wished for freedom to run not held back.... Off into the unknown she walks. She feels so alone, longs to find other wild horses to be around....

Dear Owner,
Don't cry because it's over, smile, because it happened. Smile and think of all the amazing times we had. Don't be to sad for long. Don't hang on to long. Don't forget me, and please, when you are ready... please do come to me and be my friend.
- Unchained and Running Free

1 comment: